"I want to be a horse rider!" Ah, my childhood dream!
Other kids wanted to be a fireman or a princess or a hero or a doctor. I wanted to be a horse rider.
For a while I thought it was just a funny quirk, a childish glitch in my understanding of how the world works, because I haven't followed horse riding as a serious pursuit at all! I like horses, I even like riding them, but I've never been passionate about them. But the thought stuck with me and played on my mind, like it had some meaning I couldn't quite grasp. And then, not long ago, it came to me: that dream has nothing to do with horses! It was all about FREEDOM. I wanted to be able to do WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT - to have the resources and the time to make choices that created a life rich in experience.
Don't get me wrong, I want to work. I like being active and filling my days, but I want to fill them with the things that are important to me, and not spend the majority of my time at a job that I don't enjoy, for money that doesn't really cover much more than the necessities.
But all of these beautiful realisations are a little further ahead than how I came across Liberty League...
I had just moved to Brisbane (kind of from Melbourne, but with an eight month stopover in Chile) and I was looking for a job. Everytime I've searched for a job (and that's been quite a few times - I'm a nomad, even when it comes to jobs!) and I've looked on a job listing site, I've never been able to resist clicking on the self-employment section. I never had any idea that I would actually find an opportunity I wanted to get involved in - I've never thought of myself as a business person - but I always had this niggling thought that I'd love to have an independent income stream. No workin' for the boss!
So, again, in Brisvegas, I clicked on 'Self-Employment'.... I glanced down the listings, not really paying much attention...and then there was this ad. I was curious. I was drawn to the photograph. Like all the others of its kind, it said that I could earn loads of money with this opportunity, but that wouldn't have made me pick out THAT PARTICULAR AD. So I clicked on it.The website I was taken to was the type of website I would, in the past, have completely scoffed at and closed down. But again, I was drawn to it - I was curious. I got the feeling from the ad and the site that A REAL PERSON was behind it.
At each step, I simply looked at the information and asked myself "Do I feel good enough about this information to take the next step to find out more?" And each time, the answer came back 'yes'.
During the process, I spoke to a couple of the women who helped me get into the business and I discovered I was right - I was dealing with real people, who have a real business opportunity that could potentially change my life. From PA to Horse Rider. I took the chance...
In my next post I'll talk about how Liberty League has been a tool for amazing change in my life.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment